In the previous post, we looked at how Gary Vaynerchuk used crowdsourcing to generate content for the #AskGaryVee show. Today, I’m going to explore how Gary Vaynerchuk and his team create awareness and drive traffic to the #AskGaryVee show…for free too!
In marketing and running a business, learning to drive traffic is one of the keys to success. Because if no one sees your awesome content, no one will know that it is awesome.
Before this case study was done, I knew that Gary Vaynerchuk is awesome at marketing and have been tuning into the #AskGaryVee show regularly.
After doing this short case study, I got to admit this. Gary Vaynerchuk (and his team) is a genius at integrating multiple media platforms when it comes to marketing.
How the #AskGaryVee show is broadcast (this was the ‘WOW’ moment for me)
Once each episode is recorded, edited and finalised, it is launched and released to almost every possible video platform and every corner of the digital world.
Gary Vaynerchuk (or his team) broadcasts those videos everywhere!
Here’s a list of where the AskGaryVee show can be found:
- his website (www.garyvaynerchuk.com)
- his RSS feed
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/GaryVaynerchuk)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/gary)
- iTunes: by converting the #AskGaryVee video episodes into podcasts (The #AskGaryVee Show by Gary Vaynerchuk)
- Instagram: 15 seconds videos that link back to the full version of the videos are released on Gary Vaynerchuk’s Instagram Account
- Twitter: New Episodes are Tweeted on Gary Vaynerchuk’s official Twitter Account
And those are just some of the ‘famous big boy’ media platforms.
If you’d look deeper into the google search, you’ll find that the AskGaryVee show has been converted to audio files and syndicated across podcast and radio sites or directories. Some examples include SoundCloud, Stitcher.com, TuneIn.com, etc.
To drive up the awareness by another notch, Gary Vaynerchuk has been appearing on other podcasts and video shows (as a guest) done by other marketers.
How You Too Can Grab The Same Free Traffic
Now for the more important question.
How you can take advantage of the same free traffic sources, simply:
- Create awesome content in small bite size pieces (Read previous post on how to do this)
- Google and search for the AskGaryVee show
- Distribute your content to the sites where AskGaryVee is on.
- If you are not famous enough to guest star on other podcast or video shows, ask for an interview instead.
If you have enjoyed this post, and would like to jumpstart your business whether online or offline, follow TheSubtleLessons by inserting your email below.